April 27 – May 10, 2015, “Visions, Epistemology, Death and Rebirth”
Lectures by Ede Frecska:
- True visions and the second foundation of knowledge.
- DMT the messenger of birth and death.
- Gut and the GUT (Grand Unification Theory) of medicine: The role of psychedelics.
Lectures by Karen Helle Grue:
- The Great Mother: Western culture has an undeveloped understanding of the feminine dimension. This lecture will try to reach a deeper understanding of the dynamics that lead to freedom or repression, as can be found in fairytales and dreams. The lecture will also look into “the original sin” the historical background and beliefs that created the idea.
- Alchemy and Previous Lives: We might long for connection to our identity behind our daily appearance. The old wisdom hidden in the alchemical texts might give us a deeper understanding and tools for this task. The Art of Alchemy came to Europe from Egypt and the Arab culture. Until the inquisition alchemy inspired European art and science. Experiencing previous lives (whether they exist or not) might likewise give access to our identity behind the many roles we have played in many lives.
- Kissing the Frog: Traumas can create split in the consciousness. The separated part of the psyche, which carries the trauma, can no longer develop and becomes a “frog”. This complicated process is organized by the Self. The symbol of kissing the frog gives the insight how to get back into connection, into the deeper and divine dimensions of the psyche.
- Death and Rebirth: Everywhere in nature new is born and old dies. This dynamic is active in our psyche all our life. Most people have had dreams about death, and it is often the beginning of something new. Jung was very interested in this dynamic and Grof linked it to the actual birth, when he uncovered the dynamic of the birth trauma. Death-–-Rebirth is part of the great myths: Job, Isis / Osiris, Kore / Demeter, Christ and Odin. Death / Rebirth is the topic underlying many works of art. For the individual death / rebirth dynamic is a chance to leave the old and embark the new.
Lectures by Luis Eduardo Luna:
- Shamanism and Symbolic Death
- Ayahuasca Visions: An Epistemological Approach
- Sacred Amerindian Plants: Persecution and current Revival
The fee per person for this seminar will be 7,500 Brazilian Reais everything included: airport transfers, double room accommodation, all meals, laundry, lectures and activities, with the possibility of massage sessions (not included in the fee). The seminar also includes several excursions around the beautiful Island of Santa Catarina, as well as other activities. Seminars are open for a maximum of 14-15 participants, including guest speakers. A non-refundable deposit equivalent to 3,000 Brazilian reais is required to secure a place. If you are interested or require further information, please contact Luis Eduardo Luna at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.