April 21 – May 4 2012, “Visionary Art and Shamanism in Ancient South America”, and “Amerindian Radical Epistemology. A Journey into the Mind of Pre-Columbian America”
Click the photos above to see their biographies
Rebecca R. Stone Art History Professor, Emory University.
Lectures by Rebecca R. Stone
- “The Visionary Aesthetic in Early Andean Art: Trance Experience as Subject Matter in the Chavin and Nasca Styles”.
- “The Visionary Aesthetic in Later Andean Art: Trance Experience as Subject Matter in the Moche and Chancay Styles”.
- “How Shamanic were the Inka?: the Evidence from Friar Bernabe Cobo’s Inka Religion and Customs”.
Lectures by Luis Eduardo Luna:
- “Art and Shamanism in the Work of Colombian Archeologist and Anthropologist Gerardo Reichel-Dolmatoff: Shamanic Motives in Goldwork in the Andes and Visionary Paintings i the Amazon. An Overview”.
- “Amerindian Art: Indications of a Radical Epistemology, Learning by Transformation”.
- “Indigenous and Contemporary Art Inspired by Psychointegrator Plants”.
The fee per person for the seminars will be 6,200 Brazilian Reais everything included: airport transfers, double room accommodation, all meals, laundry, lectures and activities, with the possibility of massage sessions (not included in the fee). The seminar also includes several excursions around the beautiful Island of Santa Catarina, as well as other activities. Seminars are open for a maximum of twelve participants. A non-refundable deposit equivalent to 3,000 Brazilian reais is required to secure a place. If you are interested or require further information, please contact Luis Eduardo Luna at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.